This week, as every week, our experts researched and analyzed trends, updates, new tools, and new features of the world of digital marketing. What are the key takeaways from last week’s news? Index deciphers them for you here.
Is SEO Dead?
No, SEO experts don’t need to panic. The Internet of Things, new algorithms, virtual reality, these developments are not going to make SEO unnecessary. Neil Patel, co-founder of Crazy Egg, goes beyond preconceived ideas in his blog article by introducing 3 key points:
- The growth of connected machines and objects will benefit SEO
- Evolving user behavior, in terms of how people search, will make SEO more competitive
- New tools like Schema Markup and AMP WordPress plugin offer better web content
Educational Content Makes Consumers 131% More Likely to Buy
In this article, Conductor, as a result of 3 different studies, concludes: users who have read a piece of educational content are 131% more likely to convert.
In a world where consumers frequently switch brands, this insight will leads to new opportunities for marketers. And educational content works! The research shows that 66 to 74% of users have a more positive opinion of a brand after reading its educational content.
A Beginner’s Guide to SEO in a Machine Learning World
Machine learning is a vast and challenging terrain. In concrete terms, machine learning is is what happens when computers make use of existing data to predict trends, analyze results, and define behaviors. This article from Search Engine Journal shows that machine learning has an impact on SEO at three levels:
- At the level of link building, by filtering spam
- At the level of SEO content and the role of the expert
- At the technical SEO level: follow Cindy Krum, mobile marketing specialist, for more insights
The 5 Elements of a Perfect Call-to-Action
A call-to-action (CTA) is an image or line of text, in an email or on a website, that prompts the user to take action in a particular way. In this French language article, 1ère position, a web marketing agency based in France, presents the 5 essential elements to make sure your CTA converts. Here they are:
- Clarity: Work on wording and clearly express the benefit to the client
- Timing: The user is ready to perform different actions at different points along conversion path
- Cost-benefit balance: Solicit just 3 to 5 pieces information to avoid losing your prospect
- Visibility: Capture user attention in the first few seconds
- Customization: Define your target audience’s expectations
The PPC Puzzle: A Checklist
You’re feeling lost in the depths of the PPC world and it’s a struggle to sort through the millions of articles that tell you how to manage your campaigns? With this blog post, PPC Hero offers you 4 clear and concise checklists to light your way out of confusion. Here’s a short summary of each checklist:
- Every day: Check the budgets and your bids
- Every week: Check your campaign URLs and your settings (targeted area, rotation, etc.)
- Every 2 weeks: Change the budget distribution of campaigns according to your client’s deadline
- Every month: Talk with your client about testing strategy for ads, and review the budget and objectives together
OTHER MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA NEWS
The Power of Email + The Psychology of Social Proof = The Social Email
In this article from the Kissmetrics blog, Daniel Kohn, CEO and co-founder of SmartMail, presents the future of email marketing: the “social email.”
Many people believe that email’s time has passed. Well, they’re wrong! Statistics show that in 2021 there will be 4.1 billion email users, an increase of 3%. The best strategy is not to drop email marketing, but to revolutionize it and adapt it to future trends. This is where the psychology of social proof comes in. To create trust in your expertise, every little bit counts. So don’t hold back. Use notes, reviews, logos from your media appearances, testimonials, endorsements by people or celebrities, trust badges, shares, social networks, case studies, UGC, and more, to your advantage. People trust other people. That is social proof at work.
Stay connected for next week’s digital marketing hot topics!