Backend Engineer, Intermediate or Senior – Montreal
Founded in 2010, Index is one of the fastest-growing Web marketing company in the World. Our vision is to be globally recognized as the best Web Marketing solutions provider. You can read more about our services and products here: http://www.indexwebmarketing.com/en
As part of its expansion, Index is growing its team and adding a Backend Engineer to its Montreal division. You will primarily work on developing technology products (marketing solutions and artificial intelligence) as well as helping our production team on various client projects.
The profiles of our members have one thing in common: exceeding the expectations by offering leading-edge performance solutions. The values that sustain Index’s growth are results-oriented, innovation, transparency, proactivity and respect.
You will be provided with tools you’ve always dreamed of using – many already developed in-house. Your abilities will prove their worth while working on projects involving highly competitive industries. You will have a global, and quantifiable, impact on major accounts. You will be collaborating closely with the most innovative web marketing team in Montreal. We guarantee you will be working with leaders in their respective fields.
Whether you have a diploma or not, we want to work with you if you’re passionate, talented, and innovative!
- Product management: You will mainly work on products, such as our flagship product Alya.ai – a web marketing A.I. solution
- Project leadership: Work with product owners, front-end developers, designers for various teams
- Contribute to the company’s research and development activities
- Server management: Collaborate on the infrastructure of the organization
- Assure quality control
- Contribute to creativity sessions
- Participate in team building activities
- Back-end development: PHP, Node.js, Python and various frameworks (Laravel, Express, Flask)
- Databases: Data Warehouses, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Cloud Infrastructure Management: AWS, APIs, Git, Docker, etc.
- Motivated and friendly team-player who will bring energy and a positive attitude to the position
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, and to multitask several projects at once under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and respect for deadlines
- Degree in computer science or similar
- Data science understanding (machine learning, A.I., statistics)
- Background in startups, SaaS, or scaling various technology products
- Contributed to open-source projects
- Mobile development or Graphic design
- Digital marketing experience
- International experience
- Bilingual French and English, as well as writing skills in French and English
- Experience in the agency or digital marketing worlds